What is the drug used for?
Dealing with high blood pressure and heart failure is what the medication is used for. It is really important to lower high blood pressure because it is key to the successful treatment of kidney issues, heart attacks, and other major problems with human health.
Besides, Aldactone is widely used in order to treat edema.
Most frequently, you would be prescribed tablets with the dosage of 25 or 50 mg. There is a liquid form of the medication too. They contain spironolactone as the key component.
Some basic aspects of taking Aldactone Generic
- The medication is taken by mouth;
- You’d better use Aldactone in combination with food because otherwise, you are likely to face an upset stomach;
- The bottle with the medication has to be shaken well if you and your doctor made a decision to go with the liquid form;
- Dosage is going to be prescribed by your doctor. There is no other way that is going to be beneficial for your health. It is not advisable to decide how much drug you should take on your own because this is too risky.
By the way, the amount of drug you need to take may be changed according to the way your body reacts to the therapy that was prescribed by the doctor. If it is a child who will be taking the medication, the dose will depend on the weight in such a case.
It is rather curious that you’d better take Aldactone before 6 p.m. Otherwise, you may feel the necessity to get up at night in order to use the restroom.
What is more, regularity is the key here! Try not to forget about taking the drug on time and using it in general.
What shall you do if it seems to you that you are feeling okay already? In this case, do not stop the treatment. It is only the doctor who can make this decision. If you intend to cease the therapy on your own, the symptoms of the condition you are trying to get rid of may come back really soon. You definitely do not want this, right?
Side effects of Aldactone Generic
Unfortunately, taking Aldactone as a drug to fight one of the heart problems can result in one or several side effects. Here they are:
- Upset stomach, and others.
No matter which one of these side effects worries you, you need to be really careful if you see that you tend to feel worse (one of the side effects is getting stronger). Do not postpone asking for medical help in such a case because it can result in dramatic consequences for your health.
According to the analysis of the patient’s reactions, a lot of people who undergo treatment with Aldactone do not face side effects at all. It means that you can also be one of them, and your therapy will go as smoothly as possible.
Apart from the side effects that were given above, some people tend to face more serious reactions. Let’s list them below:
- Gynecomastia in men;
- Alteration in the amount of urine;
- Nausea and vomiting that last for a long time;
- Muscle spasms;
- Severe pain in the abdomen;
- Easy bleeding, and others.
All of this means that you should contact a doctor as soon as possible. You will certainly receive proper help in this case.
As for the allergic reactions, they do not occur too often in the patients who deal with Aldactone as a way of treatment.
Read this before you start the treatment with Aldactone Generic
This section will be devoted to precaution measures that have to be studied by everyone planning to take Aldactone.
- First of all, you need to inform your doctor if you are allergic to spironolactone. Naturally, it can be done only if you know about such a fact. If you are allergic to some other stuff, you need to receive a consultation with a doctor or a pharmacist who will be able to figure out whether you might be allergic to inactive ingredients.
- If there is a surgery that is being planned in the near future, inform the doctor that you are currently taking Aldactone.
- Do not try to hide the peculiarities of your medical history because it may influence making the final decision regarding prescribing Aldactone or thinking about an alternative treatment. If you have some serious medical conditions, you need to inform the doctor about them. This includes problems such as liver issues, mineral imbalance, Addison’s disease, and others.
- The unpleasant effects of taking Aldactone may be represented by feeling dizzy. That is why you need to drive more carefully than before or try to exclude this activity from your daily life for a certain period of time. The same can be told about anything that requires extra concentration from you. The matter is that you can harm not only yourself but others too. Therefore, be extra careful.
Considering the price of Aldactone Generic
Despite the fact that the price varies depending on the Canadian pharmacy you select, it is a good idea to take a look at several offers and hunt for discounts and sales. What is more, you also have to decide whether you will be taking generics or tablets from the brand.
Generics will be called differently (spironolactone). Let’s consider the approximate pricing then.
Buying the tablets of a 25 mg dosage (100 of them) is going to cost you about $50. If you stick to a generic variant, you will have to pay around $37. If you are looking for the 50 mg dosage, then you can expect to be charged about $60 for 80 tablets (such a dosage is typically seen only in the generic variant of the drug).
What is more, there is also a connection with the manufacturer. Well, the medications from Pfizer will cost you more than obtaining the drug that was made in India. So, it is up to you to decide what you are going to get in the end. Good luck!
Missing the dose and overdose: What has to be done in these cases?
If you have forgotten to take Aldactone, just take the tablet once you remember about it. However, the skipped dose has to be skipped if the time of taking the next one is really close.
Continue taking Aldactone the way it was prescribed by your doctor after the accident. Doubling the dose is a really bad idea. You should not do this if you do not want to harm yourself instead of helping your heart.
As for the overdose, it depends on how serious its symptoms are. If there are problems such as trouble breathing and passing out, calling 911 is the step that has to be taken immediately. There is also an alternative: you may contact a poison control center too.
First of all, Aldactone has to be kept away from children like any other drug. As for the temperature, it must be room one. Storing in the bathroom is prohibited. In addition, the medication cannot be flushed into the toilet.
To conclude everything that was mentioned in the article, Aldactone is an effective drug but it should be used only according to the instructions that were recommended by your doctor. It means that you should not be making any decisions regarding the start, continuation, or finishing of the therapy with the help of Aldactone. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to consult the doctor. Do not leave anything unsolved because it may affect your health.