Patient Bill of Rights
As a patient, you have rights and responsibilities under Florida law. Bayfront respects and implements these rights.
- To be treated with courtesy and respect
- To have your privacy protected
- To have your questions answered promptly
- To have information about your diagnosis, choices, risks and benefits of treatment, including pain management
- To refuse treatment except as otherwise provided by law
- To be given, on request, information and counseling on available financial resources
- To receive medical treatment and appropriate pain management regardless of race, national origin, religion, physical handicaps or sources of payment
- To the confidentiality of your medical record
- Expect care by staff members who are aware of and able to recognize the unique needs of the dying patient, including social, emotional and spiritual needs
If you feel any of your rights have been violated, Bayfront encourages you to follow the three-step process listed below. You may also register a complaint with the Agency for Health Care Administration, Consumer Assistance Unit, by calling toll-free, (888) 419-3456.
Step 1: Tell your physician or nurses.
Step 2: If the complaint is not handled to your satisfaction, tell the supervisor or nurse manager.
Step 3: If you are still not satisfied, contact the hospital’s Executive Office at (727) 893-6707.
It is important to understand that all physicians, including radiologists, anesthesiologists, pathologists and emergency room physicians are independent and not employees of Bayfront Health System.