James Heart Center: Diagnostic Services and Treatments
To diagnose cardiac conditions quickly and accurately, the James Heart Center offers the most comprehensive array of state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment tools. Our free-standing center provides more cardiac testing and treatment space than any other provider in the area, and patients are only steps away from Bayfront’s prestigious cardiac surgical program.
James Heart Center has earned the reputation as the area’s most comprehensive collection of talent and technology. Bayfront cardiologists, surgeons and cardiac specialists helped build the Center and selected the best equipment for one-of-a-kind procedures.
For example, our specialty arrhythmia program provides advanced electrophysiology capabilities to evaluate the heart’s electrical system. And, when a condition calls for intervention, minimally invasive techniques such as the placement of drug-eluting stents, coronary and vascular angioplasty and cardiac ablation, procedures are performed at the James Heart Center. Bayfront’s cardiac program is locally and nationally recognized for clinical excellence and leadership in innovation.
James Heart Center Features
- 18 private rooms focused on a patient’s comfort.
- Four state-of-the-art cardiovascular catheterization laboratories for arrhythmia studies, stenting and angioplasty.
- Suites for ECHO, EKG and TEE/transesophageal echocardiography.
- Two specially equipped electrophysiology labs to study and treat electrical issues in the heart, such as arrhythmia.
- James Heart Center is connected to Bayfront’s cardiac surgical wing and cardiac intensive care unit for quick, seamless transport, if needed.