Cardiovascular Surgery & Nursing
Among 14,000-square-feet of surgical space, two rooms are dedicated to open heart surgery and minimally invasive endovascular techniques. Bayfront’s outcomes rank among the highest in the nation and have been recognized with several national awards from quality rating organizations.
These surgical suites come standard with Stryker video integration systems, which give surgeons instant access to radiology images, lab results and other vital patient information – all at the touch of a button.
Nursing units range from intensive and post-operative care, to observation units.
Advanced monitoring equipment, coupled with compassionate and service-oriented care makes for an ideal environment for patient recovery.
Our Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, containing six completely private rooms, provides the ideal environment for patients to recover from cardiovascular surgery. The unique set-up of the rooms raises all equipment from the floor and allows patients flexibility of movement. Nurses are able to take care of all documentation from the beside monitor, never leaving a patient unattended. The one-to-one patient to nurse ratio guarantees that each patient receives a caregiver’s undivided attention.
A Summary: Bayfront’s Cardio-Thoracic & Endovascular Surgery Program
* Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) On and Off Pump
* Cardiac Valve Replacement and Repair
* Cardiac Assist (Abiomed Ventricular Assist Device)
* Maze Procedure
* Cardiac Remodeling
* Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting
* Pacemaker Insertion
* Tracheal Reconstruction
* Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
* Video Mediastinoscopy
* Less Invasive Thoracotomy and VATS Lobectomy
* Pacemaker & AICD Lead Extractions
* Ascending Aorta Arch, Thoracic & Abdominal Aneurysm Repair
* Open Surgical Repair
* Minimally Invasive Endovascular Repair
* Endovascular Peripheral Angioplasty, Stenting and Graphing (Hybrid Procedure)
* Intravascular Filter Placement
* Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
* Angiojet Thrombectomy
* Carotid Endarterectomy & Stenting